tomtom serial connection

Iain Hibbert plunky at rya-online.net
Wed Apr 18 21:46:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Vittorio De Martino wrote:

> What I would like to do is to read gps data position in NMEA format
> (I've read somewhere that this is the standard for tomtom).

Yeah, but where did you read that?

> In other words by means of a terminal like minicom and a
> /dev/somethingIdontknow I would read the flow of data position while
> read by the gps device. In a nutshell to capture them.

on that opentom.org wiki you posted a link to, there seems to be such
capability - but opentom is a replacement OS for the device, you need to
build it and put it on your SD card and reboot the machine (I think)

I don't see anything saying you can access the GPS raw data over bluetooth
with the basic operating system..

iain