Support for Bluetooth Keyboards?

Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko Alex.Kovalenko at verizon.net
Sat Nov 25 16:52:19 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 00:54 +0100, Jona Joachim wrote:
> Hi!
> I wanted to know if Bluetooth keyboards are likely to work on FreeBSD.
> I'm looking at this marvellous object to be precise:
> http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/8193/
>
> They say that they "were able to get the Bluetooth Virtual Laser
> Keyboard to work with Mac OSX using the built-in bluetooth support in
> the OS."
>
> Any answer is appreciated.

I am running Apple Bluetooth keyboard on -CURRENT. I order to accomplish
that, I have followed steps outlined by Eric Anderson here

http://destari.blogspot.com/2006/01/setting-up-bluetooth-mouse-on-freebsd.html

There seems to be a quirk in the bthidd which causes it reattach
keyboard every couple of minutes, so I am accustomed to seeing vkbd
>10000 being attached but these seem to be harmless enough. YMMV,
though.

At some point, I also had this

http://www.thinkoutside.com/stowawaybt_product.html

working with the other laptop (back in the day when 6.x was -CURRENT),
but mostly out of curiosity.

HTH,
--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko