Any good alternative to Raspberry for Arm64?

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 02:00:38 UTC 2021

On 2021-Mar-28, at 17:36, Greg V <greg at unrelenting.technology> wrote:

> On March 28, 2021 11:44:25 PM UTC, Mark Millard via freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On 2021-Mar-28, at 15:52, Marcin Wojtas <mw at semihalf.com> wrote:
>>
>>> H Mark,
>>>
>>> niedz., 28 mar 2021 o 22:15 Mark Millard via freebsd-arm

>>> MacchiatoBin has fully opensource firmware, with the mainline
>>> edk2/TF-A one can boot FreeBSD with DT or ACPI. The referenced image
>>> from Greg should also be fine. The only significant interface missing
>>> is the built-in PP2 NIC.
>
> Interestingly, OpenBSD already has a mvpp2 driver. I don't really have the motivation to port it right now, but hey, someone could…
>
>> My memory was that there was some issue of "legacy"
>> PCIe devices showing up as duplicated and some change
>> was put in that avoided that --but prevented "modern"
>> PCIe devices from working. As I remember, disabling
>> the change was one reason Greg created his variant:
>> upstream choose which type of devices it wanted to
>> support and Greg went the other way. (No one has
>> support covering both contexts on the MACCHIATObin
>> Double Short?)
>
> Last thing I remember, Marcin promised to make a setup menu toggle for the offset ;)

https://github.com/tianocore/edk2-platforms/blob/master/Silicon/Marvell/Armada7k8k/AcpiTables/Armada80x0McBin/Pcie.h

has not changed since 2019-Jul-23 . So if something was
done that covers this, it was done elsewhere without
changes here. (I've no general knowledge of the edk2
software structure to know where else to possibly look.)

>> removal of a headless flag in FADT
>
> I don't know if that even affects anything, I probably just copied the change from somewhere, but I like it out of a pure desire for correctness.
>
>> There were also edk2 additions of 3 lines
>> involving something like:
>>
>> MdeModulePkg/Bus/Pci/NvmExpressDxe/NvmExpressDxe.inf
>
> This might've happened upstream too by now, but yes, this is necessary to boot from NVMe.

There are no longer separate *Ia32.dsc and *Ia32X64.dsc files
but UefiPayloadPkg.dsc does have such a line. The .fdf has
the related INF line as well.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com