Any good alternative to Raspberry for Arm64?

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Sat Mar 27 18:57:23 UTC 2021

Hello,

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 06:26:47PM +0100, Andrew Mitchell via freebsd-arm wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I've seen that there are arm machines for FreeBSD other than Raspberry. i
> I've been using it with 14.0-CURRENT, and my skills are too limited for
> patching it. So, I've decided to find a machine on which a RELEASE or
> STABLE version would work. To my knowledge, and after many tries, it seems
> that there are no FreeBSD working smoothly on RPI4 B.
> So, if you have any suggestions for a working FreeBSD on any machine,
> I'd be grateful.
> I won't discard 14.0 CURRENT, as I've done quite a few things which were
> much fun. It's just for getting other experiences.

You'll need to define "working smoothly" [1]

On a stable/13 machine I'm using as my main reading-email-interface it
runs mutt poudriere exim nginx. Enough for that machine, for my needs.

it works for me and is surprisingly fast. Sure it might not be an
out-of-the-box experience but rpi4 is still new.

[1] you'll need to at least define the context
--
J.