RPi4 Status and xorg behavior

Klaus Küchemann maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 8 22:36:24 UTC 2021

> Am 08.03.2021 um 22:39 schrieb Mark Millard <marklmi at yahoo.com>:
> ……….
>> … and for your message came in 5 seconds ago:
>> Yes: large font @boot, has of course nothing to do with X11 but looks better with better firmware..
>>

> Yes it does as I understand things: the huge font is really
> because the pixel counts for x and Y are set small and pixel
> replication is in use to get to the actual pixels
> in useon the display.
>
> Without the hdmi_safe=1 (when such works), the pixel counts
> are accurate and scaling is normal, including in X11 and
> such, if I understand correctly. (Not that I've tested such.)

Yeah,
what we really need is the VC4-driver built in ,
Please feel free to discuss that here !
Framebuffer is not an option these days but for us headless-server-guys not so important.
For now having a ‚stable‘ xhci/X11 or whatever stable and so on is more important. Just my 2 cents..

otherwise, X11 is working fine on rpi4 & thanks for the  hdmi_safe - hint.

K.