RPi4 Status and sysutils/rpi-firmware (and rng)

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 23:14:53 UTC 2021

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net wrote on
Sat Mar 6 17:38:40 UTC 2021 :

> On Sat, Mar 06, 2021 at 11:42:06AM +0000, Mark Murray wrote:
> >

> > > On 6 Mar 2021, at 11:37, Gordon Bergling <gbe at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > > Done in e797dc58bd29c5bc0873fc620fc11d5332f90e7f. Thanks for the approval.
> >
> > You are welcome. Thanks for doing the work!

> > --
>
> Any hint when a bootable snapshot image might become available?
> The target host is an 8GB Pi4 without a serial console, so it's
> limited to USB keyboard and HDMI console, no wired ethernet.

Are you picky about debug-builds ( main [so 14] ) vs. non-debug
builds ( stable/13 or releng/13.0 based )?

Also, are you picky about sysutils/rpi-firmware already being
up to date in what you get vs. your having to replace the files
with files from a recent sysutils/rpi-firmware build?

Technically I've no clue how to know what sysutils/rpi-firmware
vintage or sysutils/u-boot-rpi4-arm64 vintage would be used in
future builds on the FreeBSD build servers. The FreeBSD commit
hash/id does not identify that information in any way that I
know of. For past builds, as far as I know one must examine the
files contained and back trace the vintage that they came from.
Nothing reports what it takes to reproduce the context that I
know of. Such points seem to be involved for all media-builds
that have sysutils/* materials providing some the media content.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went