4K on RPI4?

James Gritton jamie at gritton.org
Wed Oct 28 04:11:02 UTC 2020

I'd like to move my desktop to FreeBSD for the first time in some years,
and I have an 8GB RPI4 that's working nicely on CURRENT, except that
Xorg insists that my resolution is 1920x1080.  I've got a nice 60Hz 4K
monitor, so it's kind of a shame to only have a quarter of the pixels I
should have.

How do I convince the X server (or the kernel, or whoever) that it's OK
to give me some 4K output.  And if I can get that going, my next
question will be about 60Hz (when I specify it according to the RPI
instructions, the kernel doesn't fully boot).  But speed is icing on the
cake - I just want those pixels!

- Jamie