RPi4B: modern firmware vs. Device tree loaded to 0x4000 (size 0xbe0c) [fails] vs. to 0x1f0000 (size 0xbd90) [works]?

Robert Crowston crowston at protonmail.com
Sun Oct 11 23:13:57 UTC 2020

> > mmc0 is current device
>
> should not be mmc0 if you boot from USB/SSD

I'm still using sd cards.

armstub or not has no effect. Seems like a counter is overflowing in the internals of malloc(). Not even when booting, just when interpreting the bootcmd. I tried raising CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_F_LEN, but it didn't change much. The malloc() code in question is from 2002, so I doubt it's a bug there. I tried rolling back from HEAD to v2020.10. Same problem.

Very weird.

— RHC.