RPi4B: modern firmware vs. Device tree loaded to 0x4000 (size 0xbe0c) [fails] vs. to 0x1f0000 (size 0xbd90) [works]?

Klaus Cucinauomo maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 11 20:02:46 UTC 2020

> Am 11.10.2020 um 21:53 schrieb Robert Crowston <crowston at protonmail.com>:
>
> What problem does it cause?
>
> You’ve described it as incompatible, but what does that mean? If it isn’t used, why did the RPi foundation update the armstub source code only 3 days ago?
>
>     — RHC.

to be honest: I also asked myselfwhy the update the armstubs if they’re no more needed and 'arm_64bit=1' is enough :-)
( Ubuntu from the official RPI-imager-tool doesn’t have no more armstubs inside(and afaik gentoo also removed it)…
At least our armstub is incompatible with the latest firmware… so it seems relatively new that arnstubs can be removed..

Regards
K.