SheevaPlug

Ian Lepore ian at freebsd.org
Tue May 28 15:29:59 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-05-28 at 15:24 +0100, Balanga Bar wrote:
> Thanks for the links. I notice that the HowTo page is nine years old and
> wonder if anything needs updating...
>
> I did notice that the SHEEVAPLUG kernel configuration file in the HowTo
> page is truncated. Any idea what's missing?
>
> As for the SD Card reader support, has that ever existed? In the Wiki
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SheevaPlug it says it had FreeBSD support, so
> would assume a Card must have need available at one time..
>
> I'm particularly interested in the GOFLEX HOME unit and would love to find
> a config file which lets me use a hard disk. I have it booting from a USB
> stick but have hit a brick wall providing hard disk access. I guess I'll
> put the GFH on the back burner and concentrate on the SheevaPlug.

It is astounding to me that you're investing so much effort into
hardware that doesn't really work properly with freebsd (as you're
discovering), isn't really supported by the project (as you're
discovering), and for those reasons, is unlikely to be included at all
after freebsd 13 (like, the code will probably be removed).

-- Ian