Looking for 8.2-RELEASE.img.gz

Ian Lepore ian at freebsd.org
Sat May 25 16:57:05 UTC 2019

http://update.cooltrainer.org/freebsd-kirkwood/pub/FreeBSD/releases/arm/8.2-RELEASE/8.2-RELEASE.img.gz

> I suspect that this was built outside the project and
> provided by someone at cooltrainer.org.  I posted earlier
> on this list about other people playing with kirkwood,
> you might try a google search:
>
> site:freebsd.org kirkwood
> site:freebsd.org pogoplug|sheevaplug|kirkwood|88f6192
>
> There is someone who has 11.2 running on these, we
> need to get the group of us that have these and want
> these working togeather and get some sharable images
> out there.

A good start would be actually making it work.  Hint:  getting to a
login prompt is a long long way short of "working".  Try things like
powering off the system while it's writing to a file, then see if you
can get it to fsck without panicking on the new boot.

-- Ian