RPI3 sound for www/chromium, was Re: How much memory to compile www/chromium?

Oleksandr Tymoshenko gonzo at bluezbox.com
Thu Dec 20 21:32:05 UTC 2018

bob prohaska (fbsd at www.zefox.net) wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 05:14:07PM +1100, Brian Scott wrote:
> >
> > I believe the problem now is that support for builtin sound on the RPI3
> > is still a work in progress (it goes through the HDMI subsystem and I
> > think it was a 32 vs. 64 bit issue but is a mystery to me beyond that).
> >

> I infer that sound is only a distant murmur on the Pi3.....
>
> 8-)
>
> Thanks for the clarification!

Well, it's a bit more than murmur but still nowhere near where it should
be. Year ago I spent some time trying to make it work here is the latest
WIP patch:
https://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/arm/patches/vchiq-wip-20180217.diff

The audio does play for a short while and then locks up and since there
is no way to know what happens on the VideoCore side the debugging
becomes a bit problematic.

--
gonzo