freebsd-update - failed?

Leif Lindholm leif.lindholm at linaro.org
Fri Dec 14 12:15:23 UTC 2018

Hi there,

(Full disclosure: this is my first play with FreeBSD on ARM, and the
last one I ran on anything else was probably 9 at the latest.)

I just gave the aarch64 12.0-RELEASE vm images a spin (with qemu in
kvm mode under Linux), and when I try to run freebsd-update fetch, it
bails out with "failed" - due to not finding
http://update4.freebsd.org/12.0-RELEASE/arm64/pub.ssl
or
http://update1.freebsd.org/12.0-RELEASE/arm64/pub.ssl

Verifying with wget that indeed these do not exist, and the amd64 ones
do - is this not expected to work for arm64? Do I need to point myself
at some other servers?

Regards,

Leif