Allwinner H3/H2+ dts question - regression?

Milan Obuch freebsd-arm at dino.sk
Mon Nov 27 06:59:08 UTC 2017

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 08:43:55 +0400
Eugene Sevastyanov <eval at iptk.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Faced with exactly the same problem. Installed FreeBSD on the Orange
> Pi Zero board, but in the regular dts there is no description for
> emac. So I wrote my dts, partly taking information from the native
> file, and partly from Linux. To avoid rebuilding the whole kernel for
> the compilation of dtb, I created a separate project. In the attached
> archive, the project with the original dts and the received dtb for
> Orange Pi Zero. In fact, this is a copy of the structure of the
> native FreeBSD source tree with only the necessary files for DTS
> compilation. The script arm.sh takes care of all the work on creating
> a bootable flash drive. Uncomment there only the necessary sections.
> The script DOES NOT COPY the resulting dtb on the USB flash drive, be
> careful.

Thank you, this helps a lot. I began to investigate the differences
among various dtb's I have with some parts of system working and some
not to suit my needs.

As I am testing dtb provided by you, I see there is not aw_thermal
working. On the positive side, both ethernet and usb are working, so I
need just try to compile the dts myself to verify the process.

One more question - do you have some devices connected to your board? I
would like to know other people's experience attaching sensors and
similar gadgets.

Regards,
Milan