Orange Pi Zero support

Johnny Sorocil jsorocil at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 17:31:37 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 5:15 PM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com>
wrote:

>  There is nothing on the serial console because we miss the h2
> definition in aw_machdep.c
>  I've started to add proper support for it today but there is some
> problems with some old clocks drivers. I'm currently patching them and
> hope to commit H2Plus support today or tomorow.

It's nice to hear that :)

I was experimenting with dts files (copied ethernet and emac part to the
working dts file) - there will be output on the serial console, but no
network:
# dmesg | grep awg
  awg0: <Allwinner Gigabit Ethernet> mem
0x1c30000-0x1c30103,0x1c00030-0x1c00033
irq 35 on simplebus0 dfs
  awg0: PHY type: rgmii, conf mode: reg
  awg0: EMAC clock: 0x00140006
  awg0: AHB frequency 300000000 Hz, MDC div: 0x3
  awg0: soft reset timed out
  device_attach: awg0 attach returned 60
Datasheet for H3 says that soft reset should be performed only after all
clock inputs are valid.
Is that because kernel is using old clock drivers?

Are these assumptions correct:
- the kernel will automatically use if_awg driver for the network card
  (even on H2+ which doesn't have a Gb interface) if there is a correct
  ethernet entry in dts?
- when using newer Linux dts file (for H2+) there is no output on the
  serial console because dts file states that this is H2+, but FreeBSD
  kernel doesn't know what to do with H2+?
- newer Linux dts files (which defines SoC as H2+) will be able to be
  used to boot FreeBSD?

What is the status of FreeBSD SDIO support?

Can I somehow help with the porting effort?

Maybe slightly OT:
How kernel is debugged? Connect JTAG debugger and then single step?
What to use from HW and SW for that purpose?