Allwinner GPIO IRQ?

Ian Lepore ian at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 31 21:46:21 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-07-31 at 15:38 -0500, Dustin Marquess wrote:
> I'm trying to setup gpiopps on my Pine A64.  I managed to hack up the
> device tree and that part seems to work, however I was getting:
>
> gpiopps0: Pin cannot be configured for the requested signal edge
>
> I noticed that sys/arm/allwinner/a10_gpio.c had:
>
> #define A10_GPIO_DEFAULT_CAPS   (GPIO_PIN_INPUT | GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT
> |     \
>     GPIO_PIN_PULLUP | GPIO_PIN_PULLDOWN)
>
> So I changed that to:
>
> #define A10_GPIO_DEFAULT_CAPS   (GPIO_PIN_INPUT | GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT
> |     \
>     GPIO_PIN_PULLUP | GPIO_PIN_PULLDOWN | GPIO_INTR_MASK)
>
> That changed the error to:
>
> gpiopps0: Cannot allocate an IRQ for the GPIO
>
> And now I'm having problems finding a DEVMETHOD mapping for
> bus_alloc_resource for the Allwinner gpios.  Am I right in guessing
> that this code simply doesn't exist yet?
>
> Thanks!
> -Dustin

It looks like you've got the right bottom line: aw gpio isn't ready to
support interrupts yet.  It's not because bus_alloc_resource is
missing, it's because the code just doesn't support being an interrupt
controller yet.  The methods missing are these (from imx_gpio.c):

	DEVMETHOD(pic_disable_intr,	gpio_pic_disable_intr),
	DEVMETHOD(pic_enable_intr,	gpio_pic_enable_intr),
	DEVMETHOD(pic_map_intr,		gpio_pic_map_intr),
	DEVMETHOD(pic_setup_intr,	gpio_pic_setup_intr),
	DEVMETHOD(pic_teardown_intr,	gpio_pic_teardown_intr),
	DEVMETHOD(pic_post_filter,	gpio_pic_post_filter),
	DEVMETHOD(pic_post_ithread,	gpio_pic_post_ithread),
	DEVMETHOD(pic_pre_ithread,	gpio_pic_pre_ithread),

>From a quick glance at the docs, it looks like only 32 of the pins on
allwinner can be configured as interrupt sources, but it doesn't look
like our code is ready to do that at all (I don't see any pins in the
padconf tables that have "irq" as one of their choices).

-- Ian