PINE64+ Release APs, APs not started

Mark Millard markmi at dsl-only.net
Thu Jul 27 22:37:09 UTC 2017

On 2017-Jul-27, at 11:59 AM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 11:26:19 -0700
> Mark Millard <markmi at dsl-only.net> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-Jul-27, at 10:57 AM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:

>>> I've just tested latest head with me soon to be u-boot-pine64 port and
>>> I don't have any problems.
>>> I've corrected the dram/pll_ddr problem (but it shouldn't change
>>> anything)
>>>
>>> Boot log : https://people.freebsd.org/~manu/pine64_bootlog.txt
>>
>> Your (Emmanuel's) reported boot:
>>
>> FreeBSD clang version 5.0.0 (trunk 308421) (based on LLVM 5.0.0svn)
>> WARNING: WITNESS option enabled, expect reduced performance.
>> VT: init without driver.
>>
>> vs. one of the reported failing boots (Henri):
>>
>> FreeBSD clang version 5.0.0 (trunk 308421) (based on LLVM 5.0.0svn)
>> VT: init without driver.
>>

>> It looks like the problem is for production-style
>> (non-debug) builds.
>
> Good catch,
>
> I now have the same problem, I'll look into it.

Based on Henri H. reporting:

A) -r320599 working
B) -r320869 not working

and looking around at:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/arm/allwinner/?sortby=rev&sortdir=down&pathrev=320869#dirlist

it looks like -r320612 may have made the difference.

But I note that it is described in part with:

"USB is not working for now"

so it appears that it was expected to have a significant
regression-status for now. (I've historically run with the
root ufs file system on a USB SSD, both for Pine64+ 2GB
and RPI3. But it has been a significant time since I've
updated: pre-INO64.)

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net