HEADS UP: Marvell Armada 38x support in the tree

Marcin Wojtas mw at semihalf.com
Fri Jul 7 14:11:03 UTC 2017

Hi Daniel,

> Hi,
>
> Great work seeing this in the FreeBSD tree, many thanks to those involved
> making this happen.
>
> This also made me interested in the possibility of running FreeBSD on
> consumer hardware.
> While I do understand that NAND support is still no available and also
> WIFI would it possible to get FreeBSD running on a Linksys WRT1900ACS using
> external storage? It pretty much shares the same hardware as listed as far
> as I can tel. It would be really nice if we could have something widely
> available in a case.
>
> WRT1900ACS and/or WRT1200AC?
>
> https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Linksys_WRT1900ACS
> https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Linksys_WRT1200AC_v2

Basing on the wiki sites and linux armada-385-linksys-cobra/shelby.dts from
Linux, both devices should easily work (network, e6172 switch, sata, usb,
pcie). NAND indeed is not supported, however you may use USB stick for the
OS. PCIe ports should work, but I don't know 88W8864 WIFI controller
support status in FreeBSD.

Best regards,
Marcin