Signal 11 on RPI2 running 12.0-CURRENT #6 r320526

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Sun Jul 2 23:43:50 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jul 02, 2017 at 02:34:36PM -0700, Mark Millard wrote:

> > Or patch has a -p option for stripping a prefix
> > from the paths it uses (by a count of /'s removed
> > by deleting the prefix): See man patch.

Patch -p1 seemed to apply the diff successfully, but as you
warned other parts of userland are too broken to function.

Somewhat to my surprise, using single user mode it was possible
to run make in /usr/src/lib/libc, but make install failed with
install  -C -o root -g wheel -m 444   libc.a /usr/lib/
install  -C -o root -g wheel -m 444   libc_p.a /usr/lib/
install  -s -o root -g wheel -m 444   -fschg -S  libc.so.7 /lib/
pid 377 (strip), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
install: strip command strip failed on /lib/INS at bbHX
*** Error code 70

I believe strip is to some extent optional, is it possible
(and would it help) to somehow turn off the strip function?

Thank you very much!

bob prohaska