Updating the RPI2 firmware

Nenhum_de_Nos matheus at eternamente.info
Tue Aug 30 17:15:08 UTC 2016

On Mon, August 15, 2016 15:47, Toby wrote:
> On 13/08/16 22:49, Erich Dollansky wrote:
>> I do something like this: mount -t msdosfs /dev/mmcsd0s1 /boot/dtb
>> make installkernel umount /boot/dtb Erich
> Ah thanks, I didn't know about that. Indeed the dtb on the msdos slice
> and the one under
> /boot/dtb have diverged quite a bit by now.
>
> May I ask where you found out about this? I feel like I am missing a bit
> of documentation.
>
> Thanks,
> Toby

Hi Toby and others,

I am fixing a RPi2 box to be a router for my home. crouchet is great and I
can get the board running fine. I needed to have pf built in, so a custom
kernel was built. And now the main questions:

the main way to update RPi boxes is really freebsd-update and svn+building
sources? I will use packages but the built-in pf must be compiled.

and Toby, how much time was to build it on the RPi2? I think I may need to
cool it further, as idling the box is much warmer then I would like it to
be.

thanks,

matheus

--