panic: arm_unmask_irq [was: Re: TI platforms code update: switching to vendor FDT data]

Oleksandr Tymoshenko gonzo at freebsd.org
Mon May 25 01:12:43 UTC 2015

> On May 24, 2015, at 5:52 PM, Marcel Moolenaar <marcel at xcllnt.net> wrote:

>>> I’m pretty sure that’s not possible, since I’ve never built ARM
>>> kernels in this particular VM before :-)
>>>
>>> From the fdt command in the loader I can see it’s the first device
>>> mentioned, so that’s not it.
>>>
>>> loader> fdt ls
>>> Using DTB provided by U-Boot at address 0x80000100.
>>>
>>> /am335x
>>> /am335x/interrupt-controller at 48200000
>>> /am335x/pmu
>>> /am335x/scm at 44e10000
>>> /am335x/prcm at 44E00000
>>> /am335x/dmtimers at 44E05000
>>> /am335x/rtc at 44E3E000
>>> /am335x/adc at 44E0D000
>>> /am335x/wdt1 at 44E35000
>>> /am335x/gpio
>>> 	*snip*
>>
>> This one is definitely from previous (FreeBSD's own) version of dts,
>> not TI provided one. There is no dmtimers node in new data.
>> How did you create SD card image?
>>

> Installed from a snapshot (a while back) and then upgraded the kernel
> with make installkernel.
>
> So the DTB/DTS on the FAT slice is FreeBSD’s?

Yes, they're from before my commit. I tried to maintain backward compatibility
but it just wasn't possible. You need to generate new dtb files and place them
on FAT partition. You can also install sys/modules/dtb/am335x to SD card and
set U-boot fdt_file env variable to beaglebone-black.dtb and loader should be
able to find this file and load it. I've never used this approach myself, but it should work
with recent ubldr I think.