RPi2 support...

Jordan Hubbard jordan.hubbard at gmail.com
Sun May 10 05:05:54 UTC 2015

> On May 9, 2015, at 9:16 PM, Tim Kientzle <tim at kientzle.com> wrote:
>
> I just grabbed the latest FreeBSD source tree and up-to-date
> Crochet and had no problems building and booting an image
> for my new RPi2.  Thanks for your work on this.
>
> I haven’t done much with it yet, but 4 cores and 1G RAM will
> certainly be fun to play with.

Hi Tim,

Seeing as how integral Crochet is to building FreeBSD/ARM, I was just curious what the roadmap for it is.  Is it going to enter the FreeBSD tree as an additional build tool, or is there some plan to eventually have “make release” simply cross-build for the various ARM platforms with the Crochet arguments / build options being subsumed into that, or… ?

I think FreeBSD/ARM is pretty strategic for FreeBSD, obviously, so anything which makes it more of a first-class citizen can’t be anything but a good thing, no?

Thanks,

- Jordan