FreeBSD 10.0 on Raspberry PI B+ no network devices

Paul Mather paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu
Mon Aug 25 13:05:45 UTC 2014

On Aug 25, 2014, at 4:56 AM, Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got recently two Raspberries B+. I downloaded the file
> FreeBSD-10.0-STABLE-arm-armv6-RPI-B-20140406-r264194.img.bz2 and copied
> it to a memory card.
>
> I edited rc.conf to be able to use the Raspberries without keyboard.
> The problem is now that no network comes up.
>
> ue0 simply does not exist.
>
> What do I do wrong here?
>
> It must be something simple I just do not see.

You are likely not doing anything wrong.  As I understand it, the Model
B+ uses a slightly different USB controller/revision to the Model B,
and this might not be recognised/supported yet by FreeBSD.  The network
is via USB on Raspberry Pi, so the USB support problem would cause the
network not to work/be recognised.

This may have been fixed recently, though, so you might want to try a
more recent image.

Cheers,

Paul.