crochet builds failing miserably for some day now with latest sources

Werner Thie werner at thieprojects.ch
Wed May 22 05:23:03 UTC 2013

On 5/22/13 4:24 AM, Tim Kientzle wrote:
> On May 21, 2013, at 9:02 AM, Werner Thie wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> My last image for the BBone is
>>
>> 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r250696M: Thu May 16 14:18:30 CEST 2013
>>
>> I'm not able to build a complete image since then with newer sources, the build is regularly failing with
>>
>> ….
>> make: illegal option -- J
>
> There's been some discussion of this on the
> freebsd-current@ mailing list.  It seems to occur
> when you have an old 'make' binary in the 'obj'
> tree.
>
> First try removing just the old make binary:
>
> $ rm /home/wthie/proj/crochet-freebsd/work/obj/usr/local/src/make.i386/make
>
> and if that is insufficient, try deleting Crochet's
> 'work' directory and doing a completely clean build
> from scratch:
>
> $ rm -rf /home/wthie/proj/crochet-freebsd/work

Hi Tim

Sorry, this occurs WITH a completely clean crochet with the
./crochet-freebsd/work directory removed before

/bin/sh crochet.sh -c config.sh

I suspected a problem in the cross dev area and rebuild xdev with

make xdev XDEV=arm XDEV_ARCH=armv6

which went through no problem, but as you stated, crochet uses the xdev
tools only for uboot builds.

 From UPDATING in the source tree I see, that bmake is now favored over
make as per 16th May. Is this the suspected change?

Werner