crochet builds failing miserably for some day now with latest sources

Tim Kientzle tim at kientzle.com
Wed May 22 02:42:31 UTC 2013

On May 21, 2013, at 9:02 AM, Werner Thie wrote:

> Hi all
>
> My last image for the BBone is
>
> 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r250696M: Thu May 16 14:18:30 CEST 2013
>
> I'm not able to build a complete image since then with newer sources, the build is regularly failing with
>
> ….
> make: illegal option -- J

There's been some discussion of this on the
freebsd-current@ mailing list.  It seems to occur
when you have an old 'make' binary in the 'obj'
tree.

First try removing just the old make binary:

$ rm /home/wthie/proj/crochet-freebsd/work/obj/usr/local/src/make.i386/make

and if that is insufficient, try deleting Crochet's
'work' directory and doing a completely clean build
from scratch:

$ rm -rf /home/wthie/proj/crochet-freebsd/work

Tim