Unable to copy DTB into module directory

Tim Kientzle tim at kientzle.com
Sat Feb 23 22:01:48 UTC 2013

> >> I just built RasPi image and keeps getting this message:
> >>
> >> "unable to copy DTB into module directory"
> >>
> >> then the raspi reboot again and again.
> >
> > Try backing out r247045 and see if that fixes
> > it for you.
> >

> Fyi, Reverting r247045 didn't help my proble :-(
> Sorry for incomplete information. Reverting r247045 removes "unable to copy DTB into module directory" error message but my raspi still keeps rebooting after boot loader

I believe that r247201 fixes the bug I introduced
with r247045 and should allow RPi to boot cleanly
again.  (Though I seem to have some other problem
locally that I need to track down…)

This should also make it possible to have U-Boot
pick up the FDT from the RPi boot code
(by adding "fdt addr 0x100" to the right place in uEnv.txt
or the u-boot loader script) and remove that command
from loader.rc.  If U-Boot knows about the FDT, then
ubldr should pick it up automatically now.
I've made the necessary adjustment to my build scripts;
it should be a very small tweak to Oleksandr's
as well.

Let me know if this works for you.

Tim