FreeBSD/armv6z/clang on Raspberry Pi 512MB (with U-Boot + ubldr)

Roel Bouwman roel at bouwman.net
Wed Feb 13 20:57:36 UTC 2013

Hi Daisuke,

Haven't had time to do something with the Pi in the last month, but wanted
to try your latest image today. However, it seems that you have switched from
4 to 8GB images for 20130130 and 20130215.

This 8GB file from the newer images however is too large for my 8GB
SD cards. They only have 15122432 512 byte sectors on them ("8GB" kingston
micro SD card). Your image contains 153600000 512 byte sectors.

Something else: I just came across a post on the Raspberry Pi news archive:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/3094

It seems that Alie Tan has also created a FreeBSD image and offered
it to the Raspberry Pi foundation. It is downloadable from
downloads.raspberrypi.org. It might however be a good idea to bundle
efforts. Creating numerous different "distros" is not a good thing
IMHO :-). To my surpise, I've seen posts from Alie on this list, but
no announcement or remarks about this whatsoever.

Regards,

Roel.