FreeBSD/armv6z/clang on Raspberry Pi 512MB (with U-Boot + ubldr)

Daisuke Aoyama aoyama at peach.ne.jp
Mon Feb 11 19:30:47 UTC 2013

> In trying to install the ports collection on my RPi, the following happens:
>
> kmem_malloc(4096): kmem_map too small: 12582912 total allocated
> KDB: enter: panic
> [ thread pid 27505 tid 100053 ]
> Stopped at      $d:     ldrb    r15, [r15, r15, ror r15]!
>
> Suggestions? (more than not installing the ports collection)

This is known problem of old kernel. You can update the kernel to
http://www.peach.ne.jp/archives/rpi/kernel/kernel-20130209.gz

or use new image based on SVN r246603:
http://www.peach.ne.jp/archives/rpi/freebsd-pi-clang-20130210.img.gz

This image contain both complete source tree and portsnap fetch/extracted tree.

Also, some packages making under freebsd-pi-clang-20130210.img are uploaded to:
http://www.peach.ne.jp/archives/rpi/ports/packages/All/
(compiled by clang/clang++ with bundled make.conf)
How to use package:
First, install pkg manually:
# fetch http://www.peach.ne.jp/archives/rpi/pkg-static
# fetch http://www.peach.ne.jp/archives/rpi/ports/packages/All/pkg-1.0.7.txz
# chmod 755 pkg-static
# ./pkg-static add pkg-1.0.7.txz
# echo 'PACKAGESITE : http://www.peach.ne.jp/archives/rpi/ports/packages/All' >
/usr/local/etc/pkg.conf

For example, install bash and subversion:
# pkg install bash
# pkg install subversion

Thank you.
--