AT91RM9200: USB broken?

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely7.cicely.de
Tue Jul 20 13:59:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 09:28:26AM -0400, Greg Ansley wrote:
> No, I don't think this is normal. The messages are exactly the same with
> a known good USB flash drive attached, and the drive is not found.

Those _are_ normal for RM9200 in QFP-208.
The RM9200 has two USB ports - both of them are bonded in the BGA
version and works fine there.
In QFP case however only one is bonded and the second port can't be
terminated properly.
There is an errata in the datasheet about this.
Since it is impossible to find out via software which RM9200 you have
we can't just ignore the secondary port - maybe as a compile time
option, but not for a generic kernel.

The latest current I tested on RM9200 was svn-rev 204418 and USB
was working fine - including those error messages for the faulty
secondary port.

So it looks like your device isn't noticed as being connected at all,
which is a bit strange because your error messages clearly show that
it got the faulty device connected from the secondary port.

Did it ever work for you?
If yes - did you try it with the same USB device?
Do you have an RM9200 in BGA or QFP soldered on your board?

B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de