Fallout from the CVS discussion

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Sep 16 02:32:00 UTC 2012

On Sep 15, 2012, at 8:25 PM, Glen Barber wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 01:53:49PM -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>> This sounds like a plan.
>>
>> I apologize if my mail wasn't clear, it was jokish in nature.
>>
>> To clarify: I firmly support removal of CVS from HEAD.
>>

> I'm in the same boat here, to be honest.

I oppose the premature removal of cvs.  I support the mature removal of cvs.  We've botched a number of other transitions.  Since it isn't that hard to get our ducks in a row for this one, we should do that and then remove.

It is a pita to me, since I keep all my dot files in cvs, but I was thinking of moving over to git anyway...

Warner