Removing CVS from HEAD

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Sun Sep 9 18:53:28 UTC 2012

On 9 September 2012 13:54, Bjoern A. Zeeb
<bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:
> We, btw, also still have multiple active cvs repositories used by the
> project, both external and internal, so claims that we don't use it
> anymore are not true;)

By the time that 10.0 is released this will no longer be true.

> I think people are working on the internal
> ones to fix this already.  I shouldn't mention it but projetcvs still
> needs to be migrated somehow.

I even mentioned projectcvs in my original email.

> I'd suggest going ahead in small steps; fix development.7, fix release
> man page and scripts, fix Makefile.inc1, ... in HEAD to no logner know
> about CVS, fix ports like freebsd-uucp to no longer depend on it, ...

I have a patch for development.7 and am working on some other areas too.

> Once this is all done and base is basically clean, and an exp run for
> ports was done, come back and see.

An exp-run won't catch run errors.  cvs *build* dependencies should be
rare or non-existent, but I agree one would be needed.

>  Everything else is the wrong order
> anyway.

What do you mean?

> This will also give other a proper longer term heads-up to see how
> much work it'll take them.

I don't mind committing in parts. However I'm not sure exactly what
this buys us given that it would be gone in 10.0 in any case.

--
Eitan Adler