[patch] allow crash dumps to Linux swap partitions

Andrey V. Elsukov ae at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 17 11:25:04 UTC 2012

On 17.02.2012 15:07, Doug Barton wrote:
>> allows dumping only to the same partition types. But ad0s4
>> partition has type DOSPTYP_EXT. And you got this error message.
>
> Right, I assumed something like this from the mixture of ad0s4 and
> ad0s7 in the error message, but thanks for the detailed explanation.
>
> So that leads me to my next question ... can this be fixed?

I see two ways to fix this:
1. We can allow dumping to the MBR partition with type "ebr".
This also will allow foot shooting for some users.

2. We can revert r230064 EBR's part, because it doesn't work.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov