ofed merge soon

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 28 15:34:32 UTC 2011

On Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:59:01 pm Jeff Roberson wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am merging ofed very soon.  Here is the diff between the ofed base and
> head branches, which includes all of the diffs to vendor files and FreeBSD
> files:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jeff/ofed.diff

Did you consider changing ndp to match the code from arp to print out the link
layer addresses?  If you don't want to do that, should there be a constant
similar to ETHER_ADDR_LEN that is suitable for IB to avoid hardcoding '20' in
ndp?  Here is the similar code from arp (which ndp probably should adopt in
some fashion):

        if (sdl->sdl_alen) {
                if ((sdl->sdl_type == IFT_ETHER ||
                    sdl->sdl_type == IFT_L2VLAN ||
                    sdl->sdl_type == IFT_BRIDGE) &&
                    sdl->sdl_alen == ETHER_ADDR_LEN)
                        printf("%s", ether_ntoa((struct ether_addr
*)LLADDR(sdl)));
                else {
                        int n = sdl->sdl_nlen > 0 ? sdl->sdl_nlen + 1 : 0;

                        printf("%s", link_ntoa(sdl) + n);
                }
        } else
                printf("(incomplete)");

> The diffs are actually quite small when you eliminate ofed diffs.  I don't
> know why I have so many merge properties but I'll just apply this diff to
> current, build & test before committing rather than have svn do it.
> Unless someone tells me otherwise.

Just applying the diffs is probably fine.

Also, at some point I would probably like to rename intr_drain() or hide it in
some way so that only ofed uses it.  FreeBSD drivers should drain interrupt
handlers, not IRQs.  I realize the ofed Linux compat shims are stuck with that
interface, but for FreeBSD drivers I want a proper interface.

--
John Baldwin