ofed merge soon

Jeff Roberson jroberson at jroberson.net
Fri Jan 28 02:56:03 UTC 2011

Hi Folks,

I am merging ofed very soon.  Here is the diff between the ofed base and
head branches, which includes all of the diffs to vendor files and FreeBSD
files:

http://people.freebsd.org/~jeff/ofed.diff

If you want to ignore the ofed parts just skip sys/ofed and contrib/ofed
and you will be left with the changes to the base system required to
support ofed.  This includes things such as:

1)  new config(8) options
2)  Makefile glue
3)  type change in sysctls for arg2.
4)  IFT_INFINIBAND and related stack changes.
5)  More generic vlan support
6)  VM_WIRE_WRITE
7)  endian changes

The diffs are actually quite small when you eliminate ofed diffs.  I don't
know why I have so many merge properties but I'll just apply this diff to
current, build & test before committing rather than have svn do it.
Unless someone tells me otherwise.

Before I commit I'm going to switch the default to not build ofed and the
related kernel modules.  I may add some more comments in various pieces as
well.

This is a last call for review.  I had already sent out the individual
pieces to interested parties.

Thanks,
Jeff