BSDInstall ISO images

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at freebsd.org
Sun Jan 9 05:40:41 UTC 2011

On 01/08/11 21:00, Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 16:54:42 -0600
> Nathan Whitehorn<nwhitehorn at freebsd.org>  wrote:
>
>> I would appreciate any comments or test results.
>
> Trying to create a 200GB freebsd partition in an MBR or BSD scheme on a
> 200GB disk results in the message "Invalid argument. size
> '419430400'" - it looks like it's trying to create a partition
> slightly too big, because 198GB works. Trying to delete a partition
> results in the message "Device busy". Trying to revert also results in
> an error message, but the revert does happen despite text messages
> overwriting the ncurses window.

Drat, there must be a rounding error in humanize_number(). I'll change
partedit to round down to the maximum possible size. Was the partition
you were trying to delete when you got the error message currently mounted?

The text messages are LORs. The kernel on the image has WITNESS enabled,
and installing a system seems to expose a great number of them.

> The only other thing I noticed is that some of the windows look a bit
> small so there's just one word per line.

That is some funny autosizing behavior in libdialog. Not sure how to
change it.
-Nathan