FreeBSD problems and preliminary ways to solve

Kostik Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 21:42:57 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 07:49:37PM +0100, Robert Watson wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2011, Gary Palmer wrote:
> >- KMS/GEM for better graphics card support: a lot of users would benefit
>
> The FreeBSD Foundation recently funded work on precisely this; it hasn't
> quite made 9.0, but for Intel driver stuff it should make it for 9.1.
> Maybe Kostik can say more about this.

I am very sorry for ever answer in this thread at all.

Yes, my expectation is that the driver will be in 9.1. For now, you need
a published patch and the xorg-dev ports tree. Putting all the stuff into
the repositories without inducing a pain both on users and me is a hard
work. I am esp. feel for kwm who, I believe, leads the xorg-dev ports
efforts.