Network-related device drivers and MPSAFEty: status, and plans for 7.0

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Jul 19 15:23:08 GMT 2005

> Some of the mii/phy drivers we have are specific to just one particular
> network driver.

I've been looking into listing the mii drivers to include in a given
kernel.  For the general case, we want to include them all.  For
specific cases, only a small subset are necessary.  I don't think
tying them to a specific driver is necessarily the right way to go, as
old designs have a bad habit of reappearing in new when you least
expect it.

Warner