scheduler (sched_4bsd) questions

Peter Holm peter at holm.cc
Wed Sep 29 01:57:52 PDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 10:51:43AM -0400, Stephan Uphoff wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 03:49, Peter Holm wrote:
> > The system still freezes and can be unfrozen by a ping:
> > http://www.holm.cc/stress/log/stephan.html
>
> Could you try the sched_userret_patch in addition to the switch_patch?
> ( Patch is in email to arch on 25 September with the subject
> "sched_userret priority adjustment patch for sched_4bsd"

Done.

> Are you running with the current GENERIC configuration?
> ( If not could you send me your config file?)

Yes. GENERIC + BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER.

> My debug target is currently diskless - I will reconfigure it later this
> week and hopefully will be able to reproduce your freezes.
>
> Thanks
>
> 	Stephan

Sorry for the late reply, but I ran into a few other problems along the way:

http://www.holm.cc/stress/log/cons79.html
http://www.holm.cc/stress/log/cons80.html

It's hard for me to tell if your patch has made any difference.
The freeze is still there.  I'll try to make the same test once more
without your patches to see if I get the same pattern in freezes.

- Peter