scheduler (sched_4bsd) questions

Stephan Uphoff ups at tree.com
Tue Sep 28 07:52:02 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 03:49, Peter Holm wrote:
> The system still freezes and can be unfrozen by a ping:
> http://www.holm.cc/stress/log/stephan.html

Could you try the sched_userret_patch in addition to the switch_patch?
( Patch is in email to arch on 25 September with the subject
"sched_userret priority adjustment patch for sched_4bsd"

Are you running with the current GENERIC configuration?
( If not could you send me your config file?)

My debug target is currently diskless - I will reconfigure it later this
week and hopefully will be able to reproduce your freezes.

Thanks

	Stephan