NTP import coming question: location of crypto keys for ntpd

Ollivier Robert roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Wed Jun 9 15:15:39 GMT 2004

I'm preparing the upcoming ntp 4.2.0 import into what-will-be 5.3 and am
wondering on this.  In the past, the preconfigured location for crypto keys
is "/usr/local/etc", in-sync with what is used by the net/ntp port.

For the base system, I was thinking of maybe change it to something close
to "/etc/ntp" (in line with /etc/ppp & /etc/ssh).

Is it worth the HEADS-UP/UPDATING note I'd need to put or do I just keep it
that way?

PS: they have renamed a lot of files from .htm to .html (I hate such
gratuituous changes) and I must say that Arch[1] made it very easy to see
the changes & renames...

-----
[1] http://gnuarch.org/ a distributed VCS close to BitKeeper but free.
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 7.4.0: Wed May 12 16:58:24 PDT 2004