Adding standalone RSA code

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 10 19:50:13 PST 2004

[ #1, respect the reply-to ]

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 07:39:10PM -0800, Colin Percival wrote:
> David O'Brien wrote:
> >At the moment, I think your library code should just be part of your
> >FreeBSD Update code if you find you simply cannot use OpenSSL.  Or make
> >your library a port in which only a static library is provided.
>
> I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying here.

In other words, rather than create an RSA library that your code links
against, just build .o's and list the .c's in your FreeBSD Update's
Makefile.  That way you can use this RSA code that you want to, but it
isn't exposed as a consumable library in FreeBSD's {,/usr}/lib.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)