Video Card for FreeBSD 9.0 (RC2) AMD64

Thomas D. Dean tomdean at speakeasy.org
Mon Dec 12 05:22:42 UTC 2011

ASUS P9X79 Motherboard, Intel i7-3930K, Diamond Radeon HD 6870 Vide,
ASUS VS228 Monitor.

I have been looking for a video card that FreeBSD 9.0 (RC2) AMD64
supports fully.  Nothing, so far.

If you recall, I had to use the Vesa driver with the existing card
because KMS is not implemented.  And, it seems not likely in the near
future.

My monitor reports several modes that are not supported with the Vesa
driver.  The ones I am interested in are "1920x1080"x0.0, which I do not
understand and "1920x1080"x60.0.

I want a 1920x1080 display.

I need a video card that will support my monitor but not require KMS.
Any suggestions?

tomdean