FreeBSD/amd64 Project -- motherboards Call For Update

Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 2 19:18:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 17:52:25 +0000
Piotr Kudzin <piokud84 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There is a list of MBs (amd64) supported by FreeBSD:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64/motherboards.html
>
> I'd like to see an update, how newest releases of FBSD handles recent
> desktop and server solutions. Release Notes often lists hardware as
> supported, and it works, but not always as it should. I'd like to see your
> opinions, what and how good or bad works.

Good luck with this.

I submitted a PR almost 2 years ago and it was closed with this
response:

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: brueffer
State-Changed-When: Fri Oct 30 20:19:34 CET 2009
State-Changed-Why:
The mainboard list has been removed, as it does not serve a useful
purpose anymore nowaways.  Nontheless, thank you for your submission!

That's why the most recent entries are for a release which is already
several years old.

--
Gary Jennejohn