FreeBSD/amd64 Project -- motherboards Call For Update

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Tue Nov 2 18:54:49 UTC 2010

on 02/11/2010 19:52 Piotr Kudzin said the following:
> Hi all,
>
> There is a list of MBs (amd64) supported by FreeBSD:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64/motherboards.html
>
> I'd like to see an update, how newest releases of FBSD handles recent
> desktop and server solutions. Release Notes often lists hardware as
> supported, and it works, but not always as it should. I'd like to see your
> opinions, what and how good or bad works.

FreeBSD should work on all recent amd64 hardware.
If it doesn't, then it's bug.
The list that you mentioned seems to be long time obsolete and unmaintained (note
the release numbers and dates).

If you have a particular piece of hardware in mind (CPU, chipset, motherboard,
etc) it's better to just ask a concrete question.

--
Andriy Gapon