via nano support

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at weinberg2.de
Sun May 3 14:42:40 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have the same via mainboard (vb8001) described here
(<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-amd64/2009-January/011794.html>)
and the same problem ("cpu doesn't support long mode").
The problem exists (as already reported above) with 7.1-R and also with
the recent 7.2-images I just downloaded and tried. However, from the
thread above I cannot figure out what the recommended solution is.
Install 7.0 (which has been reported to run) and upgrade to -current
(is the matter fixed there?)?
Install 7.0 and upgrade to 7.1 or 7.2 patching out the strcmp() checks
in the loader?
Any other possibilities?

cu
  Gerrit