FreeBSD/amd64 6.1-RELEASE on AMD Turion64

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Oct 24 01:18:03 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-Oct-23 18:39:31 -0400, Walter Brunswick wrote:
>I have an issue regarding the installation of FreeBSD/amd64 on an HP
>notebook computer with an AMD Turion64 single-core uniprocessor.

I'm successfully running FreeBSD/amd64 on a HP nx6125 which is also
Turion64.  Have you tried searching for other people's experiences
with the dv8000?

>16:42.51  < waltz> nox-: i386 failed

This implies it isn't an amd64-specific problem.

>16:44.00  < waltz> it starts the btx, then goes berserk
>16:44.13  < waltz> spamming millions of lines of hexadecimal chars

Is this just a BTX dump - 1/2 screen of hex data or is it really
scrolling massive amounts of data?  If it's a BTX dump, you could
post a transcription (or a link to a photo) to -stable.  There are
a couple of people who undterstand BTX.

>I really don't know what it is, but I didn't see the Turion64 processor
>listed anywhere in the supported hardware list.

That's a bug in the documentation.  FreeBSD should work on any amd64
compatible processor.

--
Peter Jeremy