jdk15 amd64 error: "recompile with -fPIC" ?

Tommi Lätti sty at iki.fi
Mon Jun 13 05:30:58 GMT 2005

On 13 Jun 2005, at 13:56, dR wrote:

> I would truly appreciate some help with this.

Well, just about 2 weeks ago it compiled just nicely, had to copy &
paste the one very long line and then do maike build. I'm using 5.4-
RELEASE-p1 (i did recompile the world & kernel). You could cvsup your
ports to that point.

Anyways, if that doesn't help I also made packages since building
java is quite time-consuming process. If you want to use them they're
available at http://www.blosphere.net/~sty/jdk-1.5.0p1_2.tbz and
http://www.blosphere.net/~sty/javavmwrapper-2.0_4.tbz (dependancy)

$ java -version
java version "1.5.0-p1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0-p1-
sty_23_may_2005_17_19)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0-p1-
sty_23_may_2005_17_19, mixed mode)

$ file /usr/local/jdk1.5.0/bin/java
/usr/local/jdk1.5.0/bin/java: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64,
version 1 (FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 5.4, dynamically linked (uses shared
libs), stripped

You might break some license agreements if you don't compile it
yourself.

--
br,
Tommi