FreeBSD 5.3 problem on Dual AMD64 2.2GHz with 8GB RAM continues

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Fri Oct 29 01:21:49 PDT 2004

At 05:00 PM 10/29/2004, you wrote:

>>>Correct me if I'm wrong -- Scott Long verified that the driver for the
>>>IBM RAID controller you are using is 64-bit clean and has no known issues
>>>on >4GB systems?
>>
>>Scott didn't tell me. So I thought it is clean. Maybe now he will confirm it.
>>I'm cc-ing to him.
>>Ganbold
>

>The ips driver looks like it will fail under heavy load when more than 4GB
>of RAM is present.  I tries to force busdma to not defer requests
>when the bounce page reserve is low, but that looks to be broken and
>will result in corrupted commands.

Thanks Scott. I tried to compile kernel several different way, tried
different RAM configurations and no result. With 8GB
file system gets corrupted and after several boot file system becomes in
unusable state.
Scott, when ips driver will be fixed? Will it be ready when 5.3 release
comes out?
Please let me know. I'm ready to test.

thanks,

Ganbold