Why is MySQL nearly twice as fast on Linux/AMD64 Vs. FreeBSD/AMD64?

JG amd64list at jpgsworld.com
Tue May 18 17:35:53 PDT 2004

>I'd recommend replacing those 1GB modules with 4 512MB modules.  That
>should yeild improved performance across the board by giving both CPUs
>their own RAM.
>
>-- Brooks

Brooks,

There are only 6 ram slots available on this board, for us it makes more sense
to use the 1GB modules rather than the 512's. Before it goes into
production I'll
be adding 2 more 1GB modules. But right now I am just trying to figure out what
OS it'll be on. I'm a FreeBSD guy so I've got my fingers crossed for some
better
FreeBSD performance after I recompile.