ATA driver cannot detect the Serial ATA disk in FreeBSD/AMD64-Current

Marc Olzheim marcolz at stack.nl
Tue May 11 09:50:47 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 10:00:26PM +0200, S?ren Schmidt wrote:
> >Nevermind the blabbering about the patch. It _was_ already committed in
> >1.78 and I tried reversing it, which obviously doesn't help...
> >
> >So it's a new problem.
> >
> >dmesg of a working kernel attached...
>
> Hmm, it did work on my semilar amd64 box a few days ago...
> I'll check when I get it powered up again (its disks has been "stolen"
> for other purposes here in the lab)..

Your latest fixes don't seem to work for me either.

I have produced a dmesg from a boot -v on the current src and attached
it. If I can provide you with any other info, please let me know.

Non-booting kernel:
http://www.stack.nl/~marcolz/FreeBSD/hammer.bootlog.broken.20040511.txt

Booting kernel:
http://www.stack.nl/~marcolz/FreeBSD/hammer.bootlog.works.20040403.txt